Jinx and Dawn Reyneke
Jinx, Dawn and their team are focused on church planting, as well as the training of future church leaders. They realise that they are foreigners in the Ndau culture and that they will always be different. Although they study the Ndau people’s language, culture and traditions, they will not know them better than the people making up this mission field do. So, by coming alongside those leaders the Lord raises (Church, Youth and Sunday School leaders), Jinx and Dawn are teaching,
In 2013, two of the leaders, Joachim and Matteus, were consecrated as evangelists. In April 2018 both were ordained as full ministers. To date, they have
This school has been in existence since 2003 and currently has thirty-five literacy students who are mainly woman whom Dawn teaches to read and write in Ndau. Most have never been to school at all and are now able to read their own Bibles. A big contributing factor was the many years of civil war, however an overbearing cultural inequality between men and women has affected the woman greatly. The average level of education for the men is around Grade 5. This group is taught by Jinx and is a class of about 25 students.
Jinx and Dawn would appreciate your prayers for:
- Discernment and wisdom in leading the missionary team, as well as the local Church leaders
- The teaching at the Bible School, as well as the literacy classes
- New areas to spread the Gospel, church plant and to find the right leaders
- Joachim and Matteu as they lead the new churches and for their families, as they are often away from home
- Protection against witchcraft and other demonic forces
- The spiritual well-being for Jinx, Dawn and the team – that they maintain discipline in their own spiritual lives
- New missionaries with the same vision to join the team.
Should you be interested in donating to support this vital ministry, please email Louise de Ronde at firstname.lastname@example.org. And if you are associated with Christ Church Sandton, please let Tom Robson know that you are participating in this way.
If you would like to receive Jinx and Dawn’s “Bush Telegraph” newsletters, please request to be put on the mailing list – email@example.com.
Greg, Yvonne, Caleb, Benaiah and Galilea Cameron
Prayer requests are:
• For more short termers willing to use their skills in rural communities
• Growth of local Bible study groups
• The Gospel to be central in all our conversations with friends and contacts
• Growth of youth and camp ministry and school involvement
• For wisdom in administrative responsibilities and God’s provision for SIM Paraguay
• His guidance and blessing on all the conferences and training events in the coming year
• For the mentoring of new families and supporting them through transitions
They thank God for the privilege of serving Him on a team that strives to bring His Good News into places where it is least known.
Geoff and Pat Hartley
They are now in Botswana where they are enjoying living near their family. Pat and Geoff do itinerant ministry locally, as well as in Namibia where they used to work 14 years ago.
They are still in contact with many of the AIM missionaries in SSD, where the conflict continues to drag on with little promise of a solution or peace. Wildcat strikes on the roads continue to
plague movement. Hunger & desperation are rampant. Please pray for that those nations with influence & power to bring change.
There is a sense of tremendous responsibility before God of what they are teaching – may God continue to guide and feed them so that they, in turn, can take that to hungry souls. They are building up their relationship with the staff group and are getting ready to grow into the counselling side of this pastoral ministry. Pat notes that they are very aware that with this new people group (to them) they need to earn the right to speak into their lives. Pray for Geoff and Pat to be sensitive and alert to their needs.
Initially Miss H entered the country as a student doing language study and is staying with a local Muslim family to learn the culture. Afterwards, she intends to engage her water engineering skills by working for a Christian NGO as a volunteer, while sharing the Gospel and encouraging/training believers.
ONGOING PRAYER REQUESTS:
- God to be working in the hearts of local Muslim people, to give them an awareness of personal sin, so they understand the problem is too big to be covered by ‘good works’.
- For Muslims to want to know more about Jesus the Messiah; the Koran even says he is the son of a virgin, sinless and able to work miracles.
- For Miss H’s ongoing dependence on the Lord for all the practicalities and for continued growth in Godliness and love of Jesus that overflows.
- For Miss H to learn language and culture quickly and to develop good relationships with locals who are “seeking” and “open” spiritually.
- For the Lord to raise up a support team of people to pray faithfully, help practically and give sacrifically (the role is self-supporting).